VP of Finance
South San Francisco Bay, California
Are you interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of the blockchain? Picture yourself on the very cutting edge of computer and data science, like applying machine learning on an unprecedented scale to massive data lakes and huge data flow pipelines.
Don’t wait to explore this rare opportunity to create meaning with your software. At CipherTrace, you will join other top-tier talent helping to grow the crypto economy and make the world safer. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges and banks globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. CipherTrace blockchain analytics solutions enable investigators to de-anonymize the financial transactions of drug dealers, terrorists, and other bad actors.
Just less than a year after emerging from stealth, CB Insights 2019 Cyber Defenders named CipherTrace one of the top-two companies in the cryptocurrency forensics. CipherTrace’s seasoned founders and the top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalists backing the coming are in it to win. If you have what it takes to be number-one, if you think creating breakthrough engineering solutions is fun, we want you.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, oversee all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and information.
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensure compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Manage cash flow.
- Build an accounting department as the company grows.
- Interact with venture capital partners and board of directors.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $40 million in annual revenues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience in a service (not manufacturing) business with activity-based project costing
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Merger and acquisition finance experience
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision — which cover domestic partners as well — plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.
If you are interested, send your resume to [email protected]