Sr. Technical Product Manager, Data Pipeline and APIs
South San Francisco Bay, California
Are you a truly great technical product manager? Interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of blockchain technology? Picture yourself on the very cutting edge of computer and data science, helping connect our partners and customers with massive quantities of information related to the cryptocurrency space.
Don’t wait to explore this rare opportunity to create meaning with your software. At CipherTrace, you will join other top-tier talent helping to grow the crypto economy and make the world safer. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges and banks globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. CipherTrace blockchain analytics solutions enable investigators to de-anonymize the financial transactions of drug dealers, terrorists, and other bad actors.
Less than a year after emerging from stealth, CB Insights 2019 Cyber Defenders named CipherTrace one of the top-two companies in the cryptocurrency forensics. CipherTrace’s seasoned founders and the top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalists backing the coming are in it to win. If you have what it takes to be number-one, if you think creating breakthrough engineering solutions is fun, we want you.
We are looking for an experienced Sr Technical Product Manager (level negotiable based on experience) to partner closely with customers and engineering to build the underlying infrastructure and services that will power a wide variety of applications in the crypto-intelligence space. The ideal candidate is extremely knowledgeable about the challenges of managing API products that make sense out of Big Data, and has experience working with the technical aspects of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Smart Contracts (Solidity, Web3).
- Define a roadmap for streaming and batch-oriented data pipelines that take inputs from blockchain ledgers and other data sources, augments that data with a variety of derived, calculated, and partner-supplied metadata and classification schemes, and outputs this data via APIs and other methods to downstream users and applications.
- Assisting in the API definition process, ensuring that APIs meet customer and partner requirements
- Translate business requirements into clear and powerful user stories, manage the prioritization and tradeoffs of different initiatives, and communicates status to the organization
- Effectively articulate the business value of our products and describe technical requirements to developers
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, hands-on team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and a who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- At least 2-4 years of engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience in product management for in an analogous Big Data pipeline company (NLP, business intelligence, machine data, social media analytics, geospatial analytics, etc)
- Very strong aptitude and desire to learn about the technical aspects of cryptocurrency, smart contracts, and DLTs
- Basic understanding of git, JIRA, etc
- Knows how to write killer user stories and how to work within an agile product framework; ruthless at prioritization and passionate about maintaining a well-groomed backlog
- Outstanding project management and communication skills
- Familiarity with streaming and at-rest data technologies, such as Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Yugabyte, Splunk, MongoDB, OmniSci, and Elastic Search.
- BS in computer science, statistics, or engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 5+ years experience in an analogous Big Data pipeline company (NLP, business intelligence, machine data, social media analytics, geospatial analytics, etc)
- Experience managing technical partner integrations and relationships
- At least 3-5 years of experience engineering massively scalable SaaS APIs, preferably in the big data/analytics space
- Experience integrating cryptocurrencies with other services and building the tools required to extract information from blockchains
- Experience with cryptocurrency and Smart Contract development
- Experience managing on-prem and containerized products
- MS in computer science, statistics, or data analytics and/or MBA
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.
If you are interested, send your resume to [email protected]