Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
South San Francisco Bay, California (Remote OK, with 25% travel to HQ)
Are you a truly great UX designer? Interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of the blockchain? Picture yourself on the very cutting edge of UX design, helping our users make sense of massive cryptocurrency data lakes and huge data flow pipelines to accomplish their daily goals, from fighting cyber-crime to enhancing their compliance with new regulations, and beyond.
Don’t wait to explore this rare opportunity to create meaning with your software. At CipherTrace, you will join other top-tier talent helping to grow the crypto economy and make the world safer. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges and banks globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. CipherTrace blockchain analytics solutions enable investigators to de-anonymize the financial transactions of drug dealers, terrorists, and other bad actors.
Less than a year after emerging from stealth, CB Insights 2019 Cyber Defenders named CipherTrace one of the top-two companies in the cryptocurrency forensics. CipherTrace’s seasoned founders and the top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalists backing the coming are in it to win. If you have what it takes to be number-one, if you think creating breakthrough solutions that delight customers is fun, we want you.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Translate user stories into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and delightful user experiences.
- Recommend tools and techniques for user experience data collection.
- Ability to recruit for and conduct user feedback sessions.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including front-end developers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions and champion new ideas.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and a who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- BA/BS in UX design and/or five or more years of UX design experience for SaaS B2B applications and/or developer tools.
- Experience designing applications that make sense out of data for business users, including analytics visualization, business intelligence, big data driven, and/or financial investigation/anti-money laundering applications.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, InVision, Balsamiq, and the like.
- Training and extensive experience in using UX design best practices, including a deep understanding of responsive design.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Interest in and an aptitude for cryptocurrency and DLT technology
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas and user stories into concrete designs that can actually be built by development.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, but able to take a firm stand, backed by data, where needed to ensure customer delight.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Nice to have
- Experience designing applications in the cryptocurrency and/or DLT technology space
- Experience working as an individual contributor at a small to midsize company, with an ability to work independently and ask questions to drive clarity
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.
If you are interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org