Research Engineer, Cryptography
South San Francisco Bay, California
Are you a truly great engineer? Interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of the blockchain? Picture yourself on the very cutting edge of security, privacy and computer science, like pushing the boundaries on cryptographic protocols and auditing distributed systems consensus protocols.
Don’t wait to explore this rare opportunity to create meaning with your software. At CipherTrace, you will join other top-tier talent helping to grow the crypto economy and make the world safer. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges and banks globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. CipherTrace blockchain analytics solutions enable investigators to de-anonymize the financial transactions of drug dealers, terrorists, and other bad actors.
Just less than a year after emerging from stealth, CB Insights 2019 Cyber Defenders named CipherTrace one of the top-two companies in cryptocurrency forensics. CipherTrace’s seasoned founders and top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalist backing indicates they are in it to win. If you have what it takes to be number-one, if you think creating breakthrough engineering solutions is fun, we want you.
The ideal candidate is extremely knowledgeable about Bitcoin, Ethereum, zero knowledge proofs, and consensus algorithms. She or he should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and have a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
Your mission will be to research and analyze cryptographic technologies and their use in various blockchain based systems advising CipherTrace’s R&D staff on their security risks as well as the vulnerabilities of their implementation. Your work will have both theoretical and very practical components to it with a healthy mixture of computer science, math and software development.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- BS in Computer Science or Math or equivalent experience
- 2+years of experience in the blockchain ecosystem
- 5+years of experience as a Software Developer
- Deep understanding of zero knowledge proofs, bulletproofs, elliptic curve cryptography, and prominent signature schemes
- Knowledge of fault tolerant consensus protocols like PBFT and Raft
Nice to have:
- MS in Computer Science,Cryptography or
- Understanding and hands-on experience in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other blockchain technologies.
- Very familiar withLayer 1 and Layer 2 cryptographic protocols.
- Familiar with distributed systems and P2P networking protocols like Tor and I2P.
- Experience with offensive security and performing exploits.
- Experience with zk-STARK, Aurora, Bulletproofs, Halo, SNARK, and SONIC
- A love for all things crypto!
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.