Experienced Smart Contract Security Researcher
South San Francisco Bay, California
Are you a truly great engineer? Interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of the blockchain? Picture yourself on the very cutting edge of computer and data science, like applying machine learning on an unprecedented scale to massive data lakes and huge data flow pipelines.
Don’t wait to explore this rare opportunity to create meaning with your software. At CipherTrace, you will join other top-tier talent helping to grow the crypto economy and make the world safer. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges and banks globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. CipherTrace blockchain analytics solutions enable investigators to de-anonymize the financial transactions of drug dealers, terrorists, and other bad actors.
Just less than a year after emerging from stealth, CB Insights 2019 Cyber Defenders named CipherTrace one of the top-two companies in the cryptocurrency forensics. CipherTrace’s seasoned founders and the top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalists backing the coming are in it to win. If you have what it takes to be number-one, if you think creating breakthrough engineering solutions is fun, we want you.
The ideal candidate is extremely knowledgeable about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Smart Contracts (Solidity, Web3).
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and a who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
Your mission will be to research, analyse and classify existing and future smart contracts and smart contract technologies with the purpose of protecting and advising CipherTrace’s customers on existing and planned smart contract deployments.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- BS in Computer Science or Math or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- 5+ years of experience as an Application Security Auditor
- Deep understanding of OWASP Top security threats and how they apply to smart contracts and crypto currencies in general
- Hands-on experience building smart contracts and thorough understand of the Ethereum implementation (including its ABI and EVM).
- Experience with reverse engineering technologies and techniques
Nice to have:
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics or Data Analytics.
- Understanding and hands-on experience at the blockchain/daemon/protocol level with any smart contract enabled crypto currency.
- Very familiar with the Ethereum protocol layer, advancements with upcoming EIPs and Eth 2.0.
- Familiar with security implications of the Solidity langauge, EVM bytecode, and common smart contract exploits.
- Experience integrating cryptocurrencies with other services and building the tools required to extract information from the blockchains.
Familiarity with AWS (EC2, VPC, Security Groups, ECS, RDS (Aurora and MySQL), SNS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lambda functions, Parameter Store, Cloud Formation, S3, Glacier, IAM.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.
If you are interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org