Experienced Big Data Engineer
Remote or South San Francisco Bay, California
CipherTrace is a rapidly-growing leader in the cryptocurrency analytics, intelligence and security market. Our cryptocurrency investigation, anti-money laundering, and compliance software operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, ICOs and businesses as they negotiate cases involving fraud, human
trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved. You will be working on a team based out of our Los Gatos, CA office or 100% remotely.
We are looking for a developer who is comfortable working in a big data environment using the current state-of-the-art tools of the trade and has a passion for solving big data problems. Your primary focus will be the development of efficient data pipelines and robust ETL workflows that ingest and process large amounts of data.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Smart Contracts (Solidity, Web3) and has worked with data scientists in an effort to productize their work.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and a who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics or Data Analytics or equivalent through experience
- 2+ years of experience in Scala
- 2+ years of experience in Cassandra
- 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with Big Data tools and concepts such as Kafka/Spark
- Knowledge of Big Data Architectures
- Experience with Big Data caching architectures
- Extensive experience with noSQL and SQL
- Experience with High performance queries and data filtering
- Experience with Various machine learning concepts a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org