CipherTrace is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission? To grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, ICOS and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
Location: Remote or South San Francisco Bay, California
The CipherTrace Engineering Manager will:
- Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools.
- Build a collaborative, nimble, happy and successful team.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product stage.
- Discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- Co-design software with product managers, designers, front-end, back-end, and QA engineers.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- 5+ years building enterprise applications and 2+ years in a technical leadership role.
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives
- Conduct code reviews, review bugs, and make technical contributions to product architecture.
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks (eg. React, Angular).
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing back-end features using Python, SQL/noSQL, PostgreSQL, NodeJS, Restful APIs, Pub/Sub, Redis, Kafka.
- You have experience shipping web applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
Nice to have
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Interest in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.