Anywhere, United States
Has your natural curiosity drawn you into the world of cryptocurrency? Do you desire to make an impact in the crypto economy using your technical expertise to create a safe environment for crypto payments and protect users from financial crime? Our ideal candidate possesses blockchain analysis experience and has expertise in one or more scripting languages. They are passionate, self-motivated, and thrive in a collaborative & quickly evolving environment. A continuous learner, they enjoy keeping up with the dynamic cryptosphere. The ability to manage multiple competing priorities with deadlines and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary are a must. They methodically and relentlessly pursue their cases to completion.
CipherTrace’s blockchain intelligence solutions safeguard the crypto economy by identifying high-risk transactions from darknet vendors, terrorists, and other bad actors who seek to de-stabilize the ecosystem and exploit crypto adopters, financial institutions, and other crypto users. CipherTrace was named one of the top-two companies in the cryptocurrency forensics by CB Insights in 2019. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges, banks and law enforcement globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. Our seasoned founders, with backing from the top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalists, are in it to win. If leading the way in the new frontier of financial crime inspires you, we want you.
Experience and Abilities
- BS or BA
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Conduct comprehensive, high quality end-to-end complex investigations to identify financial crime patterns and typologies
- Complete investigations in a timely manner by carrying out comprehensive analysis of information across multiple blockchains to timely fulfill time-sensitive filing obligations
- Analyze current and emerging trends involving cryptocurrency and other digital assets
- Deliver written and verbal reports on investigation findings, to include briefings to clients, as well as internal departments regarding current and emerging threats with cryptocurrency.
- Engage and partner with internal stakeholders and external partners in thinking and acting critically to identify opportunities for collaboration, raise awareness of investigative findings, and develop recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Investigators should be attuned to industry practices and should seek opportunities to participate in enhancing knowledge and understanding of current and emerging cryptocurrency technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic professional services environment
- Excellent project management, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Nice to Have
- Crypto/Blockchain investigation experience
- Training on blockchain analytic tool(s)
- Relevant AML/Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), etc.
- Fluency in a second language (Mandarin, Spanish, Korean, etc.)
- Experience transacting with DEXs and/or DeFi protocols
- Experience with smart contracts, writing or auditing Solidity
- Ability to easily take technical information and articulate it in an easy-to-understand manner in both written and spoken environments
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.
If you are interested, send your resume to [email protected]