Back End Engineer
CipherTrace is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission? Making crypto safe for users and trusted. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, ICOS and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
Location: Remote or South San Francisco Bay, California
The CipherTrace Back End Engineer will:
- Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools.
- Build the Back End infrastructure and services to support the front-end UI.
- Debug and perform quality testing on the Blockchain cryptocurrency tools.
- Monitor and improve API and database performance.
- Co-design software APIs with front-end developers to access cryptocurrency feeds.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise applications.
- Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, GraphQL.
- NodeJS and asynchronous programming techniques.
- Deploying code with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Stream processing pipelines and tools, such as Restful APIs, Pub/Sub, Redis, Kafka.
- Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Comfortable working with distributed and remote teams.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of or experience applying machine learning models.
- Experience with Google Cloud, and container technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Interest in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.