Analytics Data Engineer
Remote or South San Francisco Bay, California
CipherTrace is a rapidly-growing leader in the cryptocurrency analytics, intelligence and security market. Our cryptocurrency investigation, anti-money laundering, and compliance software operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, ICOs and businesses as they negotiate cases involving fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
You will be working on a team based out of our Los Gatos, CA office or 100% remotely.
We are looking for a developer who is comfortable working with Scala/Cassandra, Apache Spark/Ignite, has extensive experience in big data processing and analytics. Your primary goal will be building our blockchain analytics pipeline.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Smart Contracts (Solidity, Web3).
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and a who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- At least 2+ years of experience in Scala.
- At least 2+ years of experience in Cassandra.
- Experience with Apache Spark/Ignite/Kafka.
- Experience with noSQL.
- Experience with data analysis in large scale using Scikitlearn, python and R libraries for data experimentation (Sagemaker or Tensorflow).
- Basic knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as clustering, classification and regression algorithms and able to demonstrate when and how to make use of them.
- Descriptive statistics knowledge for summarization and for internal communication purposes.
- Knowledge of batch and streaming operations.
- Understanding of Graph theory and processing algorithms.
Nice to have:
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics or Data Analytics.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies at a technical level.
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance within the cryptocurrency sector.
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, VPC, Security Groups, ECS, RDS (Aurora and MySQL), SNS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lambda functions, Parameter Store, Cloud Formation, S3, Glacier, IAM.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan.
If you are interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org