- Bitcoin Core v0.19.1 has been released.
- Bitcoin developer Bryan Bishop released python-bitcoinlib v0.11.0, now with segwit examples.
- Developers gathered in Boston last weekend for MIT’s Bitcoin Expo 2020. Until all videos are released, here is Andrew Poelstra’s talk on Taproot and how to contribute to Bitcoin development.
- With help from Vitalik Buterin and Barry Whitehat, developers are moving towards an MPC-less alternative to adding anonymization to Minimal Anti-Collusion Infrastructure (MACI). This will remove the operator from knowing who took action on-chain and is only responsible for anti-collusion. Full details here.
- Ethereum-based developers who have been working on mixer technology, specifically Semaphore, are starting phase 2 of their circuit-specific multi-party trusted setup soon. The first hash used is of block #9619000. Full details on the ceremony here.
- StarkEX’s EthCC slides on their case study with Ledger and WalletConnect have been released.
- The fee market change Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP) for EIP 1559 update has begun circulating.
- The Compound governance token COMP has been deployed and is now ready for public review. You can view the token here.
- Monero seems to be moving towards Dandelion++ in an upcoming future release, perhaps v0.15.1.0. This change would be the first implementation on a mainnet since Bitcoin core devs decided not to move forward with it due to denial of service (DoS) risks and resource usage.
- Prysmatic Labs, which is focused on building the Beacon chain client for ETH2.0, was able to detect the first-ever validator double vote slashing on ETH2.0 testnet.
- Proposal for Ethereum-based mixer Tornado Cash trusted setup audit was released.
- Amiti Uttarwar shared her experience getting into Bitcoin development.
- A full list of Kyber Network’s reserves has been posted.
- Wasabi Research Lab released their next Wasabi Research Club presentation on CoinJoin Sudoku. Watch here.
- Blockchain-based gaming infrastructure Horizon raised $5M with support from Initialized Capital, ConsenSys, CMT Digital and Regah Ventures, with continued support from Golden Ventures, DCG and Polychain.
- Binance added support to instantly purchase ETH, BCH, DASH, XTZ and ZEC via Visa Card. Full details here.
- Updated visualization support from Aleth.io added endpoints to provide current and historical analytics for the main DeFi lending protocols.
- Exchange provider AlphaPoint has secured $5.6M in new funding it says will finance the development of new trading features.
- Exchange INX is targeting an April launch date for its $130M IPO.
- Bitcoin now has the official status of money in France. Full report here.
- Smart wallet company Argent,\ has raised $12M from Paradigm, Compound Finance, and Index Ventures.
- The Chinese government has added an additional $4.7M in funding for a blockchain-based trade platform developed and led by the country’s central bank.
- Circle Pay is rolling out business accounts denominated in USDC stablecoin and is also introducing a set of developer-oriented platform services. Full details here.
This Week’s Cup of Coffee:
This week, as you hide away from COVID-19 in your house, grab a cup of Major Dickason’s Blend from Peet’s Coffee. This premier blend of rich and smooth dark roasts lightens up your day and makes you forget about everything. Cheers!