Bitcoin is a digital currency (also called crypto-currency) ... More:
- Constant development has been underway on a potential Bitcoin upgrade proposal to include Taproot and Schnorr signatures. Taproot looks to expand Bitcoin’s flexibility in new ways to spend outputs using Schnorr signatures and individually hashing each spend into a Merkle Tree used to “lock up” the coins. The developer feedback phase has kicked off already.
- Litecoin Core Developers are working on a Lightning-enabled wallet.
- There’s growing interest in the community regarding a single miner who has been gaining block rewards every day since December 19th, 2019. The miner has a current balance of 5275 BCH.
- Post hard fork analysis of block size vs. uncle rate on Ethereum, including high-load tests conducted on Mainnet, suggests the network can tolerate further reductions in transmission gas cost. Full discussion: https://ethereum-magicians.org/t/eip-2028-transaction-data-gas-cost-reduction/3280/35.
- BitFly, a blockchain-based company from Austria, released their ETH2.0 explorer beaconcha.in for the upcoming Prysmatic Labs Testnet relaunch.
- With 0x v3 now live on Ethereum Mainnet, 0x Project released the beta version of the ZRX Portal. This web interface will be the new home for ZRX holders to delegate their tokens to staking pools.
- Fuel Labs, a research group focused on sustainable scaling for Ethereum with optimistic rollups, announced the first public testnet for Fuel.
- Maker Foundation’s Interim Risk Team placed a series of Governance Pools into the voting system which presents a Dai Savings Rate (DSR) adjustment, Dai Stability Fee adjustment, and Sai Stability fee adjustment. More details here.
- The GRIN v3.0.0 network-wide upgrade is taking place today, January 15, 2020.
- Oasis Labs, a A blockchain—the technology underlying bitcoin and other c... More platform company backed by a16z, is running a staking competition designed to stress-test the Oasis Network before it launches. All rewards will be paid in tokens.
- Stellar released their look back on 2019 and the future with insights from developers and product.
- A new cryptographic hash function, BLAKE3, was announced. The function is faster than MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2, SHA-3, and BLAKE2. It’s secure, highly parallelizable, and not only is it a hash function — but also a Merkle tree.
- Dan Boneh, cryptographer and professor of Computer Science at Stanford, released his new book A Graduate Course in Applied Cryptography.
- StarkWare released the notes from their talk in San Francisco back in November 2019 regarding the explosion of crypto proofs in blockchain development.
- NoPara73, the main developer behind Wasabi Wallet, published an article analyzing Wasabi with KYCP.org.
- Coinbase Pro launched Cosmos (ATOM) trading on January 13th.
- A lawsuit alleging that Tether and Bitfinex manipulated the bitcoin market has been withdrawn by the plaintiff.
- Visa acquired fintech company Plaid for $5.3B.
- A full high-level description of ETH2.0 was published by Chromatic Capital.
This Week’s Cup of Coffee:
This week, we are grabbing a cup from Telegraph Coffee & Tap in Fallon, Nevada. Their Famous Fallon French is a bold blend of Indonesian, Central American, and South American coffees. With notes of chocolate, this is for sure a solid French roast for that mid-morning wake up.