Bitcoin is a digital currency (also called crypto-currency) ... More:
- Bitcoin’s hashrate—the measure of the processing power of the Bitcoin network—recently hit an all–time high of 1 quintillion hashes per second.
- David Burkett, a Grin++ developer, released his December progress update regarding MimbleWimble integration with Litecoin. Full details: https://litecointalk.io/t/mimblewimble-progress-update-thread/26678/8
- BitcoinABC released v0.20.9, including bug fixes for the wallet and low–fee transactions. The release also contains RPC improvements for the getblock and getblockheader endpoints.
- The Muir Glacier fork is approaching fast, and will occur on January 6, 2020 at block height 9200000. This will include only one EIP (Ethereum Improvement Proposal) – EIP 2384.
- Vitalik, founder of Ethereum, posted his proposal to merge ETH1 (current implementation) into ETH2.0 earlier than originally planned. The current chain (ETH1) would live as a shard of ETH2.0.
- A Ethereum attack may be underway and Parity technologies is pushing a new release due to multiple nodes not syncing.
- The first fully–shielded Zcash transaction was sent from an iOS device for testing. When looking up the transaction on a block explorer, it shows zero inputs and outputs. Even though this is a test, this is much closer to becoming default on mainnet.
- All three major Lightning Network implementations (LND, C-Lightning, and Eclair) have added basic support for multi-path payments. A multi-path payment consists of multiple Lightning payments routed over different paths which may all be claimed at the same time by the receiver.
- Antoine Riard, a Lightning dev, posted about two possible time-dilation attacks against users of the Lightning network.
- Riccardo Spagni, aka FluffyPony, the lead maintainer and face behind Monero, announced he will be stepping down from his role. Snipa, another active contributor, will take his place as lead maintainer. Spagni will continue to be active in the space, but is looking to focus more time on his other project – Tari Labs.
- KyberNetwork announced it will launch Katalyst in the second quarter of 2020to better meet the liquidity needs of the DeFi ecosystem. Katalyst introduces rebates for high-performing reserves and allows DApps integrated with Kyber to add a custom spread for flexible rates.
- Gnosis, a blockchain-based platform company, announced the public launch of Gnosis Safe Multisig. One can use wallets including Fortmatic, Portis, Torus, and Metamask as signing keys with the new Gnosis Safe Multisig.
- Chainlink and Loopring announced collaboration across several oracle integrations in Loopring’s v3 zkRollup DEX protocol.
- Nomadic Labs announced a preview of their integration of Zcash’s Sapling protocol into Tezos. This will allow for the exchange of digital assets to take place in a private way.
- The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) or Financial Markets Authority released the rules regarding the licensing of digital assets service providers (DASPs) as well as guidelines for firms applying for the non-mandatory license and informing the regulator about internal cybersecurity practices. VASPs and DASPs are theoretically the same type of provider, yet both depend on wording by regulators to determine the difference between digital and virtual assets. Both fall under the FATF Travel Rule.
- Coinbase’s CEO, Brian Armstrong, was granted a U.S. patent for sending cryptographic currency to email addresses. Patent description: https://patents.justia.com/patent/10510053
- BitMEX has announced support for sending to native SegWit bech32 addresses.
- Unchained Capital open sourced Caravan, a stateless web app for creating and spending from a multi-sig address.
- Casa announced a new Keymaster update which allows “fee selection,” allowing users to choose the expected transaction speed and fee they are willing to pay before spending.
- Ernst & Young announced it would make its token and smart contract review service available for public testing.
- Google decided to remove hundreds of A cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset des... More videos from YouTube in what’s being called a “crypto-purge.” YouTube responded to the outrage in a statement from their spokesperson describing it as the “wrong call.”
- Google suspended MetaMask, an Ethereum DApp Browser for desktop and mobile, from its Android Play Store. The company cited a policy prohibiting cryptocurrency mining on mobile devices. MetaMask does not mine.
This Week’s Cup of Coffee:
This week, we are grabbing a cup from a little roastery in Santa Cruz, CA. The Sermon blend from Verve Coffee Roasters is a favorite to have in the afternoon on a cold day. With notes of chocolate and blueberry pie and velvety texture, this roast is definitely going to compliment your day.